sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Skies

Come to me when the skies are furious
And they send down their wrath in stone showers.
The darkened clouds overtake the fleeting sun
The trees shudder, the beetle runs, the bird cowers.

Come to me when time moves forward
And the winds battle what is fearsome.
The howling seems distant compared to your heart
Which pounds the beat of the African drum.

Two conflicting sides merge together,
Shades of gray mix with hues of pink and blue.
The rain pours down its steaming sorrow
Washing away the lies so you can see what is true.

I stand here alone, barefoot and soulful
Defiant against my own will
The choice is mine, here and now
I crave to breathe in this air, my mind is finally at peace and still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home