sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Re-cover

i woke up to the same thoughts, the same feelings, that i went to bed with. when problems are not being resolved, when u keep coughing up the same frustrations and it feels like no matter what you do, u can't seem to get it right, u just feel helpless and confused.

"shit...maybe i should've done/said this instead of that"

i want to be able to reach out, without having to sacrifice myself, my sanity, my temper and my freedom. would that be called "selfish"? i want to help, i'm trying to help, but i can't just forget everything about my own life. when did your life and my life become so separate?

when when when when when

i have to admit that i'm lost, that i don't know what to do to make everything better, partly because there's only so much i can do, there's only so much control i have over circumstances, and partly because i never know what to do with you. i leave u but you want me, i'm there but you dont need me and want to be left alone...it's never good enough. it's never enough. it's never.

it's the years that make it so different, make US so different...and yet i feel that i'm feeling all those thing you keep hidden from everyone, that you keep locked away inside. i'm articulating the words you refuse to speak. but i'm not stealing your words, your wounds, i'm only acknowledging them. because i felt them too, once...and now i recognize them. but you don't see that. just like you'll never see this. because i don't understand? because i fuck things up even more? because i don't know what it's like?

what must it be like to be you...yes i have my own thoughts on that but tell me, in your own words, in your limited vocabulary, what it feels like to be you. we grew up knowing such truths about each other, but now we have assumptions. where do we take them? leave them behind and start afresh oh who am i kidding...

i just really really really wish you would reach out to me, and i wish that when you do, i'll be able to help and know what to do, what to say...rather than going home and crying about things i dont even know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home