sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whose (who's) truth?

My story versus your story
whose truth are we vying for here?

My damages and your hurts
neither one is spared

My wins and losses
Your facts and lies
Select wisely
Before this relationship dies

I suffer my pains alone
Longingly looking at you, love
Not knowing the bruises you have inflicted
With those words you did not say

You creep away slowly,
As if pushed aside by an invisible force
Or perhaps it is something else
The true voice of your heart that pulls you away

How how how how
How could you, could i, would i
Who's truth, what does she want
Do we accept, reject, or deny?

These words, these letters,
Spill out so b r o k e n l y
Spewing alongside the rivers of my blood
That flows so freely

My softer innards
Gushing forth from your wounds
I scratched, you bled
You cheated, I fled

I fled for cover
To hide my vulnerability
While I give you shelter
Behind my masked smiles and my gentle words

I cradle your ego
As boils burst beneath my skin
The rage, it quiets
The truth of our two worlds.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home