sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Waiting Room

Sitting in the waiting room
I'm ticking like a time bomb, ticking
Hoping to catch a glimpse of
That shadow of my past

Will she walk by me
Will she recognize me
Will she ever really
See who she's destined to be

They were dreams
That she had for herself
We all want to get there
They were her standards
Of measuring up to herself
We all have ideals to live up to if we dare

Hanging on by a thread
I'm loosely holding on, holding
To something I thought I had
In my control but alas

Will I ever find it
Will I recognize it
Will I ever really
See who I'm destined to be

They were dreams
That I had for myself
We all want to get there
They were my standards
Of measuring up to myself
We all have ideals to live up to if we dare

She's in her twenties
While he's still in his earlies
And they both are so lovely
But jaded by their families

And they hold on so tightly
As they whisper quietly
About their plans
To take flight
Leaving the waiting room
Behind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home