sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Disdain

I find creativity in the loneliest of places,
Lost to be found between unfamiliar faces

I crave the past to return
Where there was room to be inspired
Now I'm covered in head to toe with disdain,
Contempt and no desire

Shadows, do you see me?
I'm covering my tracks
Escape seems so easy
Until you're faced with the facts

We rode alongside the sea shore
Early in the dank morning light
Sharing stories and laughter
Which today
Seem so far away

I am left now with a hunger
For something I can't describe
The cracks in my soul 
Have opened a hole
And I'm too afraid to look inside

I feel myself pulling back
Away from this rancid,
This wretched embrace you offer now

I refuse to be engulfed in your misery
I will not take on this pain,
This persona of disdain

For I have made my offer
And there is no room for compromise
No room for bargain

I have nothing more to sacrifice
You have nothing more to gain

My time, my energy, 
My every ounce of empathy
Has diminished due to your apathy

So now I turn to unfamiliar places
To look for familiar faces.
 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home