sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Working

I'm watching him chew his food from across the table. Well, he's not really even chewing, just kind of stuffing-and-swallowing as fast as he can.

"You know, I love watching a man eat...you can tell alot about him by the way he treats his meals...plus, watching that jaw in action is just sooo....hot..."

I'm wondering to myself if I really sounded like that. Once upon a time. Now I can feel the skin on my forehead wrinkle as I try to mask the horrified expression on my face. I struggle, managing to get by unnoticed. I guess it gets easier with time.

I'm wishing for a moment of clarity to bust through the french doors behind me, preferably in a white shining cocktail dress, stiletto heels and a bright pink feathered boa. Why? Because I wouldn't recognize it any other way.

I didn't realize I was being watched.

I wrench and ache and moan and gasp and collapse in exhaustion. There is no release or relief, only a sense of postponement.

So I wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home