sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Disenchantments

Wounds, re-opened
Sore and bruised
Battered and beaten 
Torn down to the bone
My ego crawls on its knees
Wandering lost through the carcass of our past
The carvings of our laughter
Tapering away in this moment
Cruel, you have become
Disengaged and unattached
I fail to recognize 
As the shadows slip away.

I know I can't be with you 
I do what I have to do
and I have the sense to recognize
that I don't know how to let you go
And I need just a little more silence
And I need just a little more time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home