sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

An Ode to PJ

pj was my cat...and i miss him...my driver got him for me when i was in 7th grade, he was only about 3 weeks old then and his mother had died...stayed with me for 1 and half yrs....during that time he grew into a lazy cat that always made me happy, no matter how crappy my life was during those years. he was a domestic cat, no special breed, white with light brown patches...even my father took to him, mr. no-pets-in-the-house....my mother wasn't too overjoyed when he decided to used the mattress under her bed everytime he had an upset stomach...atleast it was better then my school bag...i remember having to look at that pink and yellow bag and pj's artwork in there....now it's just funny. me and him had a very open communication...i knew what he wanted, he knew what i was thinking...i would pat my stomach and he would jump on it and get ready for a belly-rub...i could feel him purr when i scratched him behind his ears...and even though a part of him hated me for giving him baths, i think he was happy with me. i watched him grow and he watched me...i thought i lost him for a while when we moved into a new house...he kept running away, and then one time he was gone for a month...and then one night we were sitting at the dinner table, clearing up, when i heard a "meow" from the terrace...and i recognized it and ran towards him...he was soiled and had wet cement lodged in his mouth, but i didnt care, i hugged him weeping with joy...even my family was overjoyed...i took care of him and fed him right, he had become very weak, but regained his strength soon enough. i used to watch him flirt with this black cat next door...i think they were lovers. when my father told me we were moving abroad, i was insistent that we take pj along too...he was part of the family, my baby, and i couldn't leave him. but there was nothing i could do, so we moved out to stay with my aunt in her apartment for a while and pj would roam around outside and then come back to her place for food...but then he started coming back less often...and then one day just never returned. these apartments were close to where my driver lived, where he was born, and i imagine he found his brothers and sisters, and maybe started a family of his own. he was the greatest cat one could ever have.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said…

    Cats have always been my fav..for the past 6 yrs, I had one generation of them around me. Last weekend when I was home, was thrilled to found out that 3 new kittens have come to life...they havent opened there eyes yet, but me taking good care of them, also their mommy, MANI..she is cuty :)

    Males usually dont return back after certain time, I had 3 at one time of my life and boy they were no less than a Wild Jungle CAT

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger KM said…

    reading this post made me feel like i wasnt alone in being totally obsessed with my late cat Qaidu...like u i posted about him when he died.
    and though its hard to make ppl understand...im still not over him.
    frequently asked question...
    "how can u be so emotional about a cat?"
    "u know wat, id forgotten thats wat he was...a cat..."
    to me he was Qaidu...and uv totally made me go off now..lol

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger blueroses said…

    i was there for the founding of pj... :D
    and i remember.. a month after he ran away.. it was his Founding Day.. and you wrote "happy birthday pj, wherever you are" on the classroom black board and fed everyone tuna from a can :)
    and sara and maliha had a cat named chumbawuba... and with us being practically neighbours i was over at your place all the time, even when my nana died i missed his funeral... and came to say goodbye to you... and you met your first boyfriend there.. and i still dont remember what he looks like :)

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger sing-song said…

    lol...god...that's right, i did feed u tuna on his birthday...hehehe...and yeah, poor ol' chumbawumba went off on his own way too...as for saad, HOW could u forget what he looked like? lol...remember when i took u there to meet him, our excuse was that we wanted to see his persian kitten? i'll go down in history as the girl with nine lives...

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger sing-song said…

    OH! and the persian kitten's name was simba!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home