sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Monday, November 20, 2006

creating moments of hope

growing up, i always loved making things on my own...i had those make-your-own-sand-bottle kits, god knows how many lisa frank kits, a make-your-own-paper-roses kit, and one of my favorites, make-your-own-jewelry kit. it came with all these colorful beads and jewel-like peices, and you could glue different combinations together and make earrings and necklaces and bracelets and all kinds of fun stuff.

growing up, i never had many friends since i was moving around so much, so each little bead i thread into a bracelet or necklace was a new friend i was going to make and give them this oh-so-cool piece of jewelry i was making for them. i would lay out each item carefully, spreading them out and keeping everything in order and spend hours trying to perfect my artwork. each colorful piece was like a kernel of hope, differents shades of dreams, the variety of my imagination.

my relationships now are like strands of beads adorning my soul, with so many emotional ties and memories and conflicts and strange moments of hysteria, chao, confusion, color, love and acceptance. as i walk my path(s), these strands chink and click and klunk together, reminding me of their presence...and i guess this is why life refuses to let me stand still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home