sing-songs

this is the song that never ends...yes it goes on and on my friends...some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, but they'll just keep on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

checking in...

i checked into a hotel today...

the doorman smiled at me. he was ever so polite. i smiled back at him as i stumbled in with my suitcases. i brushed the hair off my face as i spoke to the receptionist. she smiled at me too. she told me my room was ready and handed me the keys. i went to the elevator and waited. a tall man with dirty blond hair waited alongside me. *bing*. we walked in, and i wondered if i should make small talk, but he got off at the 4th floor. i finally got to my floor and dragged my suitcases to my room. it was a nice size, not too big but very comfortable. i set my purse on the table and went to look out at the view. it was a deserted parking lot.

i took the time to take off my shoes, my jacket, and my skirt, walked around the room barefoot. i took a peek at the bathroom...it was larger than i had expected. as i ran the bath i heard my cellphone ring. i let my voice mail take care of it. i took the rest of my clothes off, took out my razor and placed it next to the hotel shampoo. the water was nice and warm...and i let myself sink for a while. i heard the cellphone ring again. i played with the razor...the sharp, cool steel against my pruny fingers. i made a cut...not deep enough. i made another, and another, a deeper gash each time, and watched as the color of the water changed. my body went through a metamorphosis, slow tingles went up and down my legs, my arms, until i couldn't feel anything anymore. i felt myself slipping into the water, or rather the water slipping over me. something made a clanging sound, but it sounded so far away. far, far away...so far away...so...far...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger HK said…

    For a psychology student you're surprisingly psychotic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home